Translate

Friday 23 January 2015

SSS January 2015 card kit card.

Yay! This is the first time I've gotten a card done within the month of the kit! Lol when you are station overseas and have an APO address, things tend to take a while for shipping! I had a lot of fun with this one, the base card is Simon says stamp (SSS) white 150lb base weight card stock cut to standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 side folding size. The background panel (pnl) is 4"x 5 1/4, the wood fence paper is 3x3, all attached w/ the glue runner pictured above (all patterned paper, stamps and most supplies were included in the card kit). I cut out the "doors" from one of the patterned papers, used thin scraps as hinges, and cut the inside of the "doors" from the same paper. I used the Tim holtz distressed embossing ink to stamp the "thanks", covered it w/ ranger "sticky" embossing pwd and heat set it, then covered it in the purple perfect pearls, misted it with water (using the mini mister) after wiping off the excess to set the pwd. For the "snow much" I tried to use the SSS white pigment ink, but had some difficulties getting a clean image (it's not something I've used before), so I then covered it in ranger fine white embossing pwd and heat set it. The "for everything you do" and internal snow flakes I used the color box dark & light purple pigment ink. The "door handles" are clear iridescent sequins (available @ SSS) and the clear snow flake sequins are from a previous card kit (also available @ SSS) all attached w/ matte medium. I used an awl (bought at a dolor store) to poke a hole in the side of the card where I ran the lt blue twine through (from American crafts) and tied a bow to keep the doors closed. Hope you like it, and find insperation. Happy crafting! (P.s. I feel like I could improve this, if you have any suggestions please leave them in the comments!)

No comments:

Post a Comment