Translate

Saturday 21 March 2015

Oh ship! Late birthday card.


I created this card for my sister and her husband (waited to post anything till they got it), because I was working during both of their birthdays and completely forgot to even message them! I the insperation for the background from "Theresa Momber" on YouTube video titled 'Tropical sunset card making tutorial', the only big difference is that I used Tim Holtz (TH) distressed ink in colors 'Picked raspberry', 'Spiced marmalade' and 'Mustard seed' for the background. I also versamark stamped and clear embossed the ship from the SSS (Simon Says Stamp) 'Naughty nautical' stamp set, this is also where all the sentiment stamps come from. For the sentiment clouds I hole punched them out of white cardstock with a Fiskars paper punch, created "shadows" using Copic Caio markers C-0,1 & 2, took my blending tool around the edges to reflect the sunset colors, stamped them with the 'oh Ship' sentiment in onyx black versafine ink and attached them to my base with foam squares. The background clouds were created using memory box's 'cloud cover' stencil and TH distress paint in 'picket fence' (layered a few times for depth) applied with my finger. I added some homemade enamel dots and some clear shimmery sequins for a little pop.
The cloud inside is the exact same technique as the ones on the front. The skull and speech bubble were stamped using the onyx black versafine, and color box petal point 'brocade' dark purple pigment ink for the sentiment on the bubble. The top sentiment was stamped with clear versamark and heat embossed with gold powder. The gift card holder was made with some scrap paper I had, colored with the same distress inks as the front, and I just used the gift card I got as a template for size. I also made a hand made envelope that where I embossed my 'calligraphy' and water colored over the whole envelope using "Kristina Werner's" technique (not shown due to address'). I hope you get inspired, happy crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment