Translate

Saturday 24 January 2015

Valentine's Day card #1

Time for some lovin'!! Lol. Simon says stamp has issued a Valentine's Day card challenge, and I have made my first! Nothing too complicated, it was fun though! The base card is white Simon says stamp (SSS) 150lb base weight card stock, cut to standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 size, short top folding. The SSS largest sized stitched rectangle die was used to cut the center panel (pnl) out of blue paper, I added edge blending w/ Tim holtz (TH) distressed ink broken china, I used the cloud die from the SSS soaring for you set to cut out cloud shapes from the pnl, & attached it to the card base w/ thin foam tape. I also added the frame cutout from the center pnl to the base card, fussy cut it to size & attached w/ glue runner. Then I cut more clouds from plain white cardstock that I attached w/ doubled up foam squars, edge blended w/ TH distressed ink broken china and shaded w/ copics. The grassy hills at the bottom were just fussy cut from green scraps, and were edge blended using the TH distress ink fresh cut grass. I stamped all of the images using the versafine black ink, colored using copics (I have a list of what was used if anyone wants me to start posting that too), the stamp sets used were SSS soaring for you stamp & die set and Julie Nutting's lots of love stamps. I stamped and fussy cut the girl, used glossy accents, white enamel accents, and clear wink of Stella to embellish. The hearts were all punched out of random patterned paper from my scrap stash using a Martha Stewart heart paper punch, attached w/ elders glue & foam squares, accented w/ a uniball white pen. I hope you like it, and find inspiration! Happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Such a great card, I love the brilliant scene you have created.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete